Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy from Central Alabama. Haven't had a bike in about 3 years or more. My last bike was a Honda Fury. Great bike but I knew after not too many miles I regretted not getting something with more range. Recently I decided I couldnt stand not riding any longer. I was looking at a Roadstar to begin with. I had a neighbor at my last place that had one so I had spent a little seat time on one. I kept searching and searching. Stratoliners and Roadliners kept popping up on my searches alot. I didn't know anything about them. After reading into them I thought wow what a bike. I then saw a few posts on here that said for bigger guys it's definitely the way to go. Last week I finally pulled the trigger. I picked up an 07 Stratoliner. Mostly stock minus a few small things and a batwing. The batwing is kind of low profile and I think I'll eventually change it but for now it will do. I did swap out the shield for a taller one already. I also changed the head unit from a Dual to an Alpine. I also added an Alpine power pack behind it I had laying around. Sounds much better. It has 4 Dual speakers as well so I'm kind of pushing past their limits. Anyways enough rambling. I'm super pleased with the bike. For a big bike it handles great. It has awesome power. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the add.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud Fuel tank
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Plant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Pensacola
The wife and I travel through Alabama a lot, We have grandkids in Oxford and Gadsden, we used to own property in Clay County.
Thats's awesome. I stopped into Oxford for food and rode all through Clay County on Father's Day. I rode up to Cheaha State Park and around that area. Beautiful ride to make if you get a chance and haven't done so already. I would be willing to bet you have since you know about Clay County.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts