Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just inheritedited a 2002 1100 from someone that owed me some cash. With it I got a XVS Dragstar 6 degree tripple tree and wide glide axle and bolt kit. The bike is nice, so I don't know if I will be using the kit or not, till I get my feet wet here and learn enough to make that decision. Plenty of time to ride here in Florida and will enjoy this forum for sure. Not able to post yet but looking forward to being a part of this forum and being able to contribute.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi new guy from Florida, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Sounds like a nice 'inheritance'. Please share some pics with us and you chose the best forum to learn about the 1100, several members own one. Looking forward to your contributions and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Inherited as in he owed you money
and now he is dead
and you have his bike?! :^O

V star bikes are very well designed and many of us love them completely stock. Id recommend riding it for a few months, and then if you want to change something have at it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome Flabiker. I have an 1100 and chose to keep it more or less stock. Lots of ways to customize them for more power, touring, or just to add your own personal touch to it. They are very dependable, light enough for around town yet have enough power to hit the highway for a road trip. You got yourself one of the best middle weight cruisers on the market. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I'm on an 1100 also. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Welcome, new guy from Florida. Interested to know what that triple tree and wide glide axle and bolt kit is about. Is that to increase the rake? Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable. - For me it takes a full season of riding to truly know what I like, and what I want to change about a particular bike. I have limited experience, and am only on my third bike ever, but would like to have some other experiences soon. (Just don't want to let go of my 950. Perhaps there will be room for a second bike in my near future! Ha!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a polished billet custom set of trees that rakes the front end 6 degrees and you can do it without cutting the frame. Makes the bike look really cool and custom. I m just going to sell it probably and use the bike as a commuter and an extra bike for friends that visit during Bike Week and Biktoberfest. Here is a pic of what they look like

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a RoadStar 1700 that is fully custom also. and am going to keep the 1100 as a commuter and a bike and a bike my friends can ride when they come down for Bike Week and Biktoberfest. Here is a pic of the trees

1 - 10 of 10 Posts