Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new to me 09 v star 950 today. Spent the better part of this weekend reading through the forums, yup I know how to search lol.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hello and welcome.
I'm new to the forum as well. I just joined a few days ago and I'm new to riding. I have already found guys here to be really helpful. I'm sure you will enjoy the discussion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just need to find a hinge or the chrome piece for the right side bag. The PO must have dropped it in the garage, its gouged up real bad.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a lot of new people coming in. Always awesome be sure to stay safe and have fun! If you are looking to get the cobra fi2000, there is someone listing them on amazon for $48.55. I ordered one but they haven't sent it yet. Hoping it's legit. Thinking about the freedom performance radius pipes and intake soon but the seat has to be first. The piece I need is the chrome piece on the hinge for the stock saddlebags but the fiche doesn't list just the hinge. Can't do a pic from phone right now but I'm working on it

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Just got a Asus TF700T for Xmas and mounted a TF300T keyboard works like a champ!! Another fun toy Easy to bring in my bags for travel! Enjoy your ride :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I heard those 700s are a nice upgrade. Metal body right? Mine works as my shop manual, reader, forum browser, and shop radio. You're right, it fits so easily in the bags. Thinking about a gumdrop case for it in the near future

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
13,061 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I heard those 700s are a nice upgrade. Metal body right? Mine works as my shop manual, reader, forum browser, and shop radio. You're right, it fits so easily in the bags. Thinking about a gumdrop case for it in the near future

Yea the case is metal and with the keyboard attached it acts as a case when it is closed. With the the Keyboard attached gives me another 4 hours of Battery power and a full size USB port which I carry my manuals on a 32 gig stick, works great that way and saves space on the tablet:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah nice. I'm using a class 8 micro sd card that radio shack had on sale for $20 along with cloud storage. Still have plenty of room left on the card and internal but the extra battery life might be worth looking into. Just picked up a bar mount lighter socket from cycle gear for $10. Shouldn't have battery worries anymore lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts