Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy from Ohio here, always had sports bikes, dirt bikes, quads, etc & as I get older my body can't take the abuse anymore. I recently was selling some equipment when a fellow offered to trade a 06 roadliner... long & short I now own a roadliner & sm here doing research on how to make it cooler.

Josh

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
How many miles on that strat?

Before you do anything, I recommend you check the valve clearances, just to be safe.

OK DON'T DO THAT!!

These bikes really don't need anything - they're powerhouse bikes from the factory.

Add paint for coolness
Add seat / grips for comfort
Add fairing for looks and wind protection

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome aboard Josh. you hit the nail on the head by joining the best Star forum anywhere. I'm sure that having all those toys you must of got yourself a real nice camera to take pics of you in action ;). So don't be shy and share some pics of that new toy of yours with the rest of us.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi Ohio, Just hello. Gladto have your
around. I think you are going to have a lot of fun resershing and scooling out your new ride. Keep in touch with us baloneu guys on the forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone, I appreciate the warm welcome.

the roadliner has has 3,800 miles on it

definitely needs lowered, different seat, powder coat, paint, etc.
All the bags & windscreen have to go.

I have found some good info on here so far & look forward to using the forum to help me reach the goals I have in mind for this bike & maybe return some info & help others also.

on the fence for a bagger style, or drag bike style build up.... see what happens

here is what I'm starting with

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts