Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody im shawn. I live in eagle mt. Utah. About 20 minutes from salt lake city. i just bought a 2005 v-star 650 classic from my father in law about a month ago. I have had several bikes before so im not exactly new to motorcycles but this is my first metric bike.
So far i love it! It aint gonna win any races this century but it looks good, rides good, easy to work on and the price was right. So far i love it! Since i bought it i have lowered it, jetted and syncd the carbs, new bags and supports.
The bike is great but im a diesel mechanic by trade and i cant live with myself if im not tinkering with something. i look forward to learning and sharing wisdom on the forums with you guys!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Skoot. A diesel mechanic that loves to tinker but can't handle a camera :eek: I still wonder why people get thier bike painted lime green with brown accents and an airbrush pekineese on the tank. You have to post a pic of your ride to show this to the other members :D.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see the pictures of the bike with the mods.. So when you going to design the diesel model.
Feel free to post often...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here she is nicy and filthy. had just got the rear end back together after rebuilding the final drive when i tok this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice get back whip.
he know what it is. that means he know its intended purpose!
havent had to use it for that thank god. more of a decoration. i need to get a pic with the bags on it. just ordered a sound system for it as well. cant wait for that, i miss the tunes i had on the glide!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts