Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
7K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  Deeksvstarclassic 
#1 ·
2006 V-Star 1100 Classic

I found this forum because of a lack of parts and information for Yamaha cruisers online.

I've had no luck finding the right intake mods for my bike. I would love to meet you guys and get your input.

#7 ·
Welcome fro Columbus, OH! There are many resources here who can assist with getting your bike on the raod and keeping it there. The search community bar at the top of the page will have all kinds of threads on all kinds of subjects. It is a great place to seek knowledge. Stop by often!

#14 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. If this is your first 1100 here is a must read:

Noticed in your bikes picture that the mufflers are very blued. This is a sign of a very lean running engine. Something I would address quickly. Here's a few intesting threads to check out when you get a chance:

Go to last page for current hunt:

Ride often and safe.

#32 ·
I had to look it up too. For the rest if you...
The term Vicla is a slang term for a style of motorcycle. Typically you see a lot of Softails with this style. It is like having a 1964 Chevy Impala and either making it a muscle car or lowrider, as to having a Road King and making it a bagger or Vicla. The traditional style Vicla will have a 21" spoke rim, white walls, long fishtails, chrome accessories, etching, stretched bags and fender, custom leather, high apes or low beach bars and a custom lowrider style paint job. The style originated in California but has now spread across the United States, we even see a large amount of them in other countries such as Japan. Each and every Vicla has its own unique style and flavor but one thing we can guarantee is its always easy to spot one from the crowd and its always a Harley Davidson. Our most popular Vicla handle bars are the Maddogger and Beach Bar. Plus most people who run the meat hook style will want the Shield engine guard and Anarchy bag guard to match. Here is a few links and some resources to help you learn more.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Spoke
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Spoke
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#34 ·
Yes!!! Thank you for letting everyone know the details. I’m in love with that style. I can not afford a Harley at the moment so my yami will do till I can purchase a third bike 🚲 😁 I ordered 16” apes today. Will get the cables soon and the highway passing light bar for the front. Unfortunately I can not find fishtail pipes that will fit my bike, so it won’t be a complete vicla style but it will do the job! If anyone knows where I can get fishtail pipes for my 1100 please, share. Love this community thanks everyone for welcoming me to the party!

#33 ·
Not my style at all, but the good thing is that we live in a free world (well, at least we in the West) and can go for the style we want, without worrying about what others think. Viclas, a totally new term to me as well, reminds me as the American answer to the Japanese Bosozoku - individual style that's over time grown into some kind of conformity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.