Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,999 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Post some pics first chance you get. Ride often and safe.

·
2,345 Posts
Welcome from eastern Canada. I have an 1100 and it's a great all around bike. Dependable and easy to handle in traffic with enough power to cruise at highway speeds. Like les said, post a pic when you can.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
which part of Pennsylvania are you in?

Most of the state is motorcycle heaven!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which part of Pennsylvania are you in?

Most of the state is motorcycle heaven!
South central, near Gettysburg
These are the only two pics i have now. It's parked in my neighbour's driveway in the one. The other is a screen shot from a video my son took.

My current bike is an 82 KZ750 with mini apehangers and cherry bomb mufflers.
Old UJMs are all I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Funny sign.

Harleys are good for parking.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
when you change your oil
you know where to dump it

I heard about a guy back in the '60s
his neighbor bought a new VW beetle, and was so happy it was getting 22mpg
this is when cars got about 6 to 8 mpg

every week he bragged, its starting to break in now, Im getting 24mpg

then 27mpg...

after a month of this he had enough.
every night he snuck over with a gas can
and put gas in his neighbors bug.

"its better than I ever thought possible! I got 35mpg this week

then 48

then 72mpg

when his neighbor told him "I must have some kind of prototype - Im getting 99 mpg!!!"

Then he fixed the guy good.... He stopped putting free gas in his car

two weeks later the guy comes over - can you drop me off at the VW dealer? I think I blew the engine in my car... I was getting 99mpg, and now Im only getting 24.

Sure Bob! I will be happy to follow you to the dealer and give you a ride home!

If you really do have some special prototype engine in your car, I "hope" they dont swap it out on you...

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
I thought the streets in Bellefonte PA were steep!

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Hi turnz, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice looking bike and we're glad you joined us. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so i scraped my footboard for the first time. There's a right hand curve on my way home that's pretty tight and completely blind.
I decided to just lean in like i always did on my other bike. Scraped the foot board, i stood it up a bit to go wider, then there were 4 vehicles coming the opposite way, so i laid it down again and scraped for like 12 feet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
So you are the guy thats tearing up the streets in Pennsylvania!

I know it sounds backwards, but when the bike scrapes lean your body weight into the turn, that will let the bike stand up a bit, and you wont change your turn path.

That is because the bike is turning on the center of mass of you and the bike together - when you lean further in the bike can stand up some, and the center of mass stays at the same angle.

If this seems weird watch some MC racing (on pavement) online and watch how they hang off their bikes, on the inside of the turns.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,999 Posts
Great looking bike. In the back view picture your rear tire looks well worn. Could just be the photo but something for you to check out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts