Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Russell and I just bought a 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic. This is my ninth bike, and my third Yammerhammer. I lost my Harley in the recession and finally got another bike. I rode a friend's '06 1100 Custom and was very surprised and impressed. As soon as I found one reasonable on price I jumped on it, and am glad I did. So, I guess you can say I defected...lol. It's bone stock and I'm planning on scotch brite-ing the chrome, powder coating the rims/hoops red with Metz. white walls as soon as I wear the tires that are on it down. And of course exhaust and an intake. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard notfried.I see your a paying customer,not necessary but that's ok. Sounds like a great project can't wait to see some pics. Sorry to here about your lose. Glad you're back on two wheels and riding a star.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. And I know I didn't have to pay. I just figured fifteen buxxx is nothing compared to the knowledge I will pick up here, hopefully. I've had two other Yamaha's in my life. A 1981 Maxim 450 and a 2001 Warrior and have always liked them. That and my friend's 1100 Star would whip the snot outta my '08 XL1200C, stock for stock. Didn't matter who was riding what...lol. I'm just glad to be on two wheels again. I was initially looking at HD's but came across an 1100 Star that needed alotta love and had a dirt cheap price. It came is crates and boxes, but is now all together with new tires, brake pads and rotors, rear shock, all new fluids, and a new front wheel. Now I'm just looking for carbs at a reasonable price and she'll be back on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts