Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

new guy on the block

963 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bevo1981 
#1 ·
Hi my name is mike and i'm a newbie here.

#2 ·
I bought a v-star 1100 from a cleaning lady at one of the bars i deliver to just to re-sell and make some money. I have owned enduros my whole life and never had a cruser before

#3 ·
Well, the bike had been sitting for 3 years and would start but wouldn't rev up. so i took it home and swapped out the gas. Still, same story. I was kind of at a loss. Just for grins i decided to check the air filter and out pours about 2 puonds of seeds from mice. Cleaned that up and added a can of sea foam and proced to put on 75 miles just to getting it running good before i sold it and that's is where i messed up. As may of you here can relate i am now hooked. I have owned the bike now for a year and a half ald put 6000 miles on it.

P.S. it's a 2006 V-star 1100 classic and only had 1600 original miles upon purchase and i got it for $3000. The picture is from the Black Hills of South Dakota. Myslef and the wife took it out there this fall. Amazing ride. Which brings me to this forum so i can learn to maintain and enjoy this great machine

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.