Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to stop in and say "hello". I just purchased an 04 Vstar 1100 Silverado. I will try and post pics when I get them. Never owned a bike before, and found a really good deal on this one...looking forward to learning a lot and maybe contributing a bit...who knows

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello and welcome to the 4M.

I'm glad I got to welcome you in before you get some psudo comical greeting from Springer. Something Springer would say such as: Hello Dinty, sit right down here and have some Moore Beef Stew.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome to the 4M.

I'm glad I got to welcome you in before you get some psudo comical greeting from Springer. Something Springer would say such as: Hello Dinty, sit right down here and have some Moore Beef Stew.

my last name...hence the nickname

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
my last name...hence the nickname
:D

there are a handful on here who "yuk" it up quite a bit but it makes learning and doing much more enjoyable. There are also a few on here who really know thier shi.... stuff (linerdave, Fultilt and Dieseldave to name a few).

Then on the other hand we have guys like Jarhead1100 who have Star crusies as .... I guess you could say "art work" as they never leave the museum (aka garage/shop). :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

there are a handful on here who "yuk" it up quite a bit but it makes learning and doing much more enjoyable. There are also a few on here who really know thier shi.... stuff (linerdave, Fultilt and Dieseldave to name a few).

Then on the other hand we have guys like Jarhead1100 who have Star crusies as .... I guess you could say "art work" as they never leave the museum (aka garage/shop). :D
lol...thanks strat...I dont plan on having a showpiece in my garage.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
lol...thanks strat...I dont plan on having a showpiece in my garage.
Hey, don't stew about it, neither does Stratowart.

He could have had a showpiece in his garage but he opted for a blue bike instead...:(

Welcome to the forum, sponsored and generally supported by the red bike owners and bike operators association (RBOABOA).

Our motto: "You don't like red? Python you...":D:D:D

·
Registered
923 Posts

Aaah Wart, I would expect such jokes from Springer, but you.

Dinty, welcome to the fun house. What my esteemed forum member was trying to say is that I have had some mechanical issues with my bike. Other than that I ride when ever I can.

This is a great place for information and awesome people as well.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You made a wise choice coming aboard,welcome to a great place for a laugh.info or just a good ride. Good people here with lots of knowledge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys....maybe y'all can answer this for me...if Blue Bikes and Red bikes are the only ones that go fast. Why did they make other colors? lol. and Im SOL because mine is black and brown... but I bet I can give the old man on his hovaround a run for his money

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I can't answer the question as it was posed to me because I have no knowledge of a fast bike that is red or any shade of red whatsoever.

Speed isn't for evreone hence the "other colors" (including......correction.... especially red). :D

Black and Brown eh? well pick the old guys wisely, don't mess with the guy on this one:

:D:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome Dinty. I used to think this was a motorcycle forum too. By the time you make your 20th post you'll realize this is a hiding place for escaped mental patients, some of which happen to have good knowledge. Enjoy :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts