Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, again I find myself as a new guy. So here we go, I searched for a few months, for a Used Star Motorcycle and finally found one that had my price and what I was looking for. I chose to buy a older Royal Star because I like V4 bikes. I found a 1996 Royal Star (built 11/95) so it is a early production of the first year of the bike. Mine has a lot of chrome, and shark fin exhaust. I sure love the look of the bike, and it rides nice. I was concerned about the miles being 66,000 but There is still a lot of life in the bike. I have a good friend who has a 96 Royal Star, and he checked it out for me. Can anybody tell me why my bike has a lot more chrome then most, and why it don't have the Royal Star Emblems on the Tank like I see on most of them?

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking bike and from that smile it think you agree! Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I'm sure someone will be along soon that can. You'll find this a great forum with lots of folks that are glad to help and share their experience. Have fun and enjoy your new ride :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys I appreciate the welcome. I will also vote for bike of the month, and never know maybe I will enter mine sometime. I have had it just a few days and have put about 150 miles on it, it is very fun to ride and gets lots of looks and comments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting
[/URL]

I may submit my bike, once I get it all cleaned up. The Backrest is off the bike right now, it is at the upholstery shop my good friend owns. It needed the back of it repaired, I think somebody tried to fix it before and used a piece of vinyl that shrank exposing the top of the inside of it. So my buddy is going to replace the vinyl with a piece of leather. Other then that my bike was so well taken care of by the previous owners that there is very little to do.

I was thinking of changing out the windshield for quick release version. But not sure if it is worth it, I like having it on the bike all the time. Are there any known problem areas on these bikes? I did see that somebody did a plug replacement to I think the stator? I know I had to do the same thing on my Honda Magna. I don't like the way it was repaired so I will redo it myself with Sauder and Shrink tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts