Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but not to bikes, had harleys had rockets and finally found my true love, 09 Raider!!!!!! I built a 2003 V star from the ground up to learn more about bikes, I learned a great deal about the Star bikes and then I drove the beast!! I will forever be a Raider-holic and love everything about it....except the pipes. I am looking to get a new sound and wanted to see if you have any suggestions. I have been married to vance hines for years but love the sounds of cobra, anyone have a suggestion? If not no worries it is a pleasure to be among you all,

Ride hard!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but not to bikes, had harleys had rockets and finally found my true love, 09 Raider!!!!!! I built a 2003 V star from the ground up to learn more about bikes, I learned a great deal about the Star bikes and then I drove the beast!! I will forever be a Raider-holic and love everything about it....except the pipes. I am looking to get a new sound and wanted to see if you have any suggestions. I have been married to vance hines for years but love the sounds of cobra, anyone have a suggestion? If not no worries it is a pleasure to be among you all,

Ride hard!!!
G'Day Sancho, welcome to the forum. You will get heaps of info here and someone will reply soon re your question about the pipes.

·
Registered
923 Posts
x2

Welcome aboard Sancho! This is a pretty awesome forum we have here...and like Aussie said, someone will definitely have info on the pipes real soon. I have to wait until next year to get the pipes...money is tight. But there's things I want to do all around.

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4014

pipes are all about personal preference. and personally, i prefer Vance & Hines. i they they give more of a beefy and steady rumble than Cobra. Cobra just seems too staccato/choppy for my taste.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
x2

Welcome aboard Sancho! This is a pretty awesome forum we have here...and like Aussie said, someone will definitely have info on the pipes real soon. I have to wait until next year to get the pipes...money is tight. But there's things I want to do all around.
JH, I was wondering when you were going to get some aftermarket pipes for your bike, but know exactly where your coming from with the money factor.

·
Registered
923 Posts
JH, I was wondering when you were going to get some aftermarket pipes for your bike, but know exactly where your coming from with the money factor.
Aussie, I've been thinking off doing the old hole saw trick and pulling out the rear baffle. Just to get a little sound without the cost of a full exhaust replacement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My husband has an 09 Raider. He put a set of Cobra pipes and a fuel processor on his about a month ago and loves it...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Aussie, I've been thinking off doing the old hole saw trick and pulling out the rear baffle. Just to get a little sound without the cost of a full exhaust replacement.
I think there are a few clips on youtube about that if it helps. Saw one with one of those new Honda 400cc cruisers. By the time the owner cut and drilled out the baffles it sounded like a yammy 1100 with drainpipes on it that would put a bigger bike to shame!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice bike, nice jacket and nice glasses ! :D
you seem to have rejuvenated since your last picture :) Maybe because you do not wear your bow tie? :D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hey Isabelle, just had some pics taken on my new bike, she is old but I think it matches my brown leather jacket.

Geez Aussie,
I've seen a few pictures now of you on a motorcycle (sometimes operating, sometimes biyaching), but in all of them we're all left guessing about your right hand. :D:D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Geez Aussie,
I've seen a few pictures now of you on a motorcycle (sometimes operating, sometimes biyaching), but in all of them we're all left guessing about your right hand. :D:D

Never fear. He couldn't do two at once...things...er...well, you know...

On the other hand...:eek::D:D:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And I have to agree with Jarhead on the money situation. My SS only goes so far. Rather than buy new pipes for my '04 1100 classic, I simply removed the rear baffles. Took about 15 minutes and the bike sounds great except for a bit of popping that is annoying. However when I compare the cost of the hole saw that I needed to remove the baffles and the cost of new pipes, the popping just ain't that bad :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts