Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I found this awesome forum while looking for some help and thought I would dig my feet in and get to know some cool new people.

Currently do not own a bike just yet but will be buying a 2007 V star 1300 Tourer next month which I have some questions for that I'll address in another post after I'm cleared :D

I live up in Northern Minnesota and have a lot of beautiful roads just begging to be opened up on once I pick up my ride. :cool:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Well none of us cool people are biased of course, but the star line of bikes are awesome! Welcome to 4m :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You found the right place. There are a lot of folks here that are happy to help and have an amazing amount of experience. I just bought a vstar 650 a few months ago and this forum has been just great! Good luck with your purchase. Have you already found the bike your looking at or are you just getting started looking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the awesome warm welcoming :)

Welcome to the forum! Have you already found the bike your looking at or are you just getting started looking?
Yup I have indeed, there is a local Harley shop that has one that was a trade in that I'm eyeballing. Rather than starting a new thread I guess I'll just ask my question here:

The bike is listed for $6,995.00 with 5,795 miles and looks sharp. It comes with a mustang saddle, rider backrest, highway bar, spotlamps, passenger footboards and a luggage rack and is the touring model so has the side bags and bigger windshield. My question involves price haggling. I have zero experience in doing this and was wondering what a good starting price to give them would be. I have cash and can pay in full when I walk in.

Now being that it is a Harley shop I know they want to get this bike out as quick as possible so I would think that I have that to my advantage. I don't want to link directly to the listing as I'm not sure if that is against forum rules but if it's not I'll post for people to examine.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
You can post a link as long as you're not worried about someone else here swooping in and grabbing it I lost a strat to Wart that way and a vstar to Corsair that way.

I don't know the 1300 pricing as well as the 1100 and stratoliners, but the price actually sounds pretty good. You can always come in really low around $5k with cash in hand (wave it around so they know you are serious). Then see where they respond.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
Offer them 5k. If they don't come down a lot or at all leave your # and walk out. I guarantee you'll get a call back with a lower price than it was when you walked out. Especially at a HD dealer. They don't want that nice star sitting around there making those HDs look bad!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad I look at this thread. The above advice is INCORRECT. Whatever you do don't go to the dealer with cash., What you need to do is send the cash to me and I will make the deal since I have done many deals. I promise I will send picture of your new bike as I ride it across the country side. ( look kids Big Ben, Parlament)

I agree go to dealer give them the offer Flash the cash. Have a number n your head you won't pay over. If they don't meet that number walk out. Wait a few days and go back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It took me a lot longer than I anticipated to finally get my bike but here it is. The one I (was) going for was sold before I had time to arrange a pick up but I think this one is great.

2011 V Star 950 5800 miles currently I've put on over 300 now since purchase. Asking price was $7677, I walked out the door paying $7,020 after using a 4th of July special and paying cash.

Thanks again for the previous help, it's an amazing experience to be on the open road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
great choice. how do you like it so far?
I am very happy with it, I use it on my daily trip to work which is about 80 miles total and it makes a huge difference. I don't have anything bad to say about it at all. :D I'm planning on buying a couple accessories sometime soon, like a back rest and maybe a luggage rack but beyond that I love it the way it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts