Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just picked up my new to me 2013 Road Star Silverado S yesterday & found this forum this morning. I really love the way the bike handles, smooth, powerful & great looks. Less than 5k on the clock. Anything I should be looking for on this model? Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,290 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi All,
Just picked up my new to me 2013 Road Star Silverado S yesterday & found this forum this morning. I really love the way the bike handles, smooth, powerful & great looks. Less than 5k on the clock. Anything I should be looking for on this model? Thanks!
Welcome and congrats on your new bike. No issues with your year. It's a great bike. 99-03 had a tranny recall and 04-05ish had a problem with sticky valves. Yamaha came out with a bulletin to use 4 qts of oil when changing and to not overfill the oil. Nothing I'm aware of in years. I'm looking hard at the 2012-2014s to replace an 03 unless something comes out in the next 6 months that changes my mind. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome & replies. Here's another picture for Sonysnek. Click on to enlarge. Check out the pin striping. (bought it that way)
P1030604.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi Oldbuc, welcome from a true old buck from northms. Great looking roadie, like the color. You've picked a great forum with a lot of helpful members. Ride safely and let us know where you hail from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts