Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new the the Yamaha Family having traded my Suzuki Boulevard in and bought a VStar 1300. Looking forward to some excellent riding.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ray... I'm curious as to why you got rid of the. Boulevard. That was one of the bikes I was considering before I pulled the trigger on the 950. BTW welcome. I'm sure you're gonna love the new bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I loved the Boulevard and I was only visiting the Yamaha dealer with a friend who was buying some accessories. The VStar was on the showroom floor and it was the dealers last 2012 model. I shouldn't have sat on it. But I did and I looked at the salesman and asked it he'd take a trade in. The Boulevard was cherry, only had 8K miles on her, and he gave me a nice deal. I do love the VStar.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yup. Your biggest mistake was sitting on it. Once you sit on a VStar you're hooked. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know I was. I wasn't even looking for this style of bike. I had the VLX and liked the style so I was looking for something along those lines, but I've always had a soft spot for the street glide. The dealership I was at carried Yamaha, victory and various used rides. I went to check out the raider and the Vegas....then he talked me into sitting on the 950 tourer...that was it. I was hooked!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would appear the over riding advice is: Don't sit on the bike unless you're shopping for a new ride. Thnx for the welcomes. It's 12 degrees here in CT but the sun is shining and for a second I thought about taking a short ride. Then my brain engaged.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

The meet point for a charity ride was at a dealership, I didn't even sit on the '09 Stratoliner leftover, all I did was see it and the price tag. Took a cell phone picture and sent it to the wife's cell, her text message reply "need the checkbook?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts