Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello every one.
10/23/12 bought a 1300 touring. Love it. I have a couple of pics but slow connection so no posting, I can email pics though.
On 5/19/2013 @ 4:45am I hit a deer on Interstate 55 in Southaven Ms. Deer died. bike bent up some. But I am fine. Was able to pull over to the side and stop. Has anyone ever done this? I feel sure that it has been done. But I have never heard of anyone just stopping after hitting a deer at 70 or more mph. Front fender, forks, turn signal and a small scratch on a bag. I could not drive it home due to tire and fender rubbing. I could not pull fender up it,s steel.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :) I haven't hit a dear yet (knock on wood). I have heard of people having run-ins and being able to pull over (instead of crashing). It is rare so you are a lucky rider. Glad your ok. Are you going to fix the bike or by something new?

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear you came out of the encounter OK.

There is a video somewhere on this forum of a guy who hits a fawn with a sport bike and the bike keeps going. When he circles back there are bits of plastic fairing all over and the fawn is (literally) in pieces.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad yu are okay. Living in Michigan I see deer every time I go for a ride. I, just glad they put up the deer crossing signs. This way the deer have a place to cross safely since they can read
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8

Please post up a picture of the bike and damage..also you aren't superman cause he has no problem bending steel :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts