Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi Diana!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. You chose a great ride, please share some pics with us, we love pics here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,471 Posts

·
2,510 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Love to see a pic too.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I thought the tourer came with a windshield. Are you looking for something different, like a bat wing or fairing?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Hi Diana,

Welcome to the forum from the Netherlands!

As an ex-owner of an XVS 1300 as they are called over here, I actually added a Memphis shield. That was 4 years ago already - my, time flies.

With my current experience, I would actually settle for a Clearview shield now, possibly made for Memphis mounts - I assume that is possible, or OEM mounts if you can get those seprately (or used). The Clearview shields come without mounts, but they are so good that you have to get one of those :). I replaced the OEM shiled on my Roadie with one of their shields, and it is basically quieter than the original at 30 mph faster. I could not read road signs at 100 kph (62 mph) with the original, and I can still read those with the Clearview shield at 140+ kph / 90 mph.

Do get the extra wide one, for even less turbulence, as well as the air vent, also for less turbulence, and great too for hot weather :).

BTW, make sure you follow the instructions for getting the correct height, so that you can look over them at the right angle. Even if you prefer higher ones, in case you want to hide behind the screen completely, that is still a good starting point for adding extra height prior to a final order:).

HTH, kind regards, Wim

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I bought my bike and the previous owner took off the windshield and and no longer had it. So no shield.
I really like a windshield so will be looking for one soon.
It looks like the brackets where the windshield was attached to are still in place.
Did the previous owner not know what he did with the shield, or lose it or so?
Oh, and maybe he knows or remembers what brand windscreen was attached - it would mean you do not need to mount the brackets anymore.

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
if the bike was a factory equipped Tourer, you could get another factory windshield to match the brackets on the bike

or take them off and get something from Memphis Shades or another aftermarket company.

Why does Hobbes have his eyes closed?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts