1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
My name is Deborah
I own a 2009 Vstar 950.
I have been riding for about 4 years now and love it. My bike has been siitting for about 9 months now because of a operation I had kept me from riding. So now that i am able I have to get it ready for the street again and need some help and advice on certain things I could handle myself.
Thank for being here!

Ride on
Deborah

·
Registered
600 Posts
If the bike was in good shape when put away, at minimum you should do a complete visual check. Include checking the headlights and turn signals to make sure they are working. Test that "meep meep" horn too :) Make sure the battery is charged. Check all fluids for proper level. Check the tire pressure and do a visual on the tires for any signs of fatigue. If belt or chain driven check for fatigue and proper tension. Other than that take a short around the block shake down ride making sure everything works like it should, brakes, clutch, shifting, etc. If you are OCD like me I would change the oil and filter too. :eek:

Then take and post a pic of you on your bike, back and enjoying the wind in your face :):)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Hi Deb! I'm ALWAYS happy to see another ladyrider on the forum. I'm absolutely useless with mechanical stuff (ok, that's not true - I can take apart and clean a sewing machine pretty well) but I'm always happy to help with the sarcasm. I went shopping recently to upgrade my 650 to a 950 but a roadstar followed me home instead (eek, how did THAT happen!). Welcome. The guys here (and gals) are great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow

I didnt expect to get this many responses this fast.
Thank for making me feel welcome here.

Well I am not sure if I can remember all the questions asked.

The battery is dead, I know for sure. Thats an easy fix. But, my brother told me that I needed to drain the gas and add fresh. I dont know if this is something that is normal or is her being overly careful. And if I do, is this something I can handle myself. I am pretty good with tools.

Someone ask what part of Ga. I live in Cherokee co.

I havent figured out how to upload a photo yet.

And my bike is grey.

Not sure if I answered all the questions. HAHAHA

Thanks again for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Well I still don't see a pic Deb . . . . :D

As for the fuel, if it is truly 9-months old I would dump it - at least drain out as much as you can without removing the tank. Then add fresh fuel with the startron additive.

Other 950 owners can offer exact step-by-step directions if you don't have a service manual, but you can do it!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
..... I dont know if this is something that is normal or is her being overly careful. And if I do, is this something I can handle myself. I am pretty good with tools.
Well that reply gave me some material to work with, but, that was the previous Stratowart, I'm much nicer now. :D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Who are you and what have you done with the Wart?
Lets just say he's okay, for now. But if you want him back, for what reason I can't imagine, there will be a ransom amount determined and conveyed to this forum. Actually several PM's have been sent to the forum staff and most of the replies are only suggesting what we should do with him and where we should dump his lifeless corpse.....we think they're bluffing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lets just say he's okay, for now. But if you want him back, for what reason I can't imagine, there will be a ransom amount determined and conveyed to this forum. Actually several PM's have been sent to the forum staff and most of the replies are only suggesting what we should do with him and where we should dump his lifeless corpse.....we think they're bluffing.
Whoa whoa whoa.....who said anything about wanting him back? I'm willing to set up a fund for y'all to keep him:D Kind of like the movie "Ruthless People"......

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome Deb! Always nice to see another woman on the forums :D
Don't mind the boys... they like to strut (strat?) around showing off their junk... that whole "mine's bigger than yours thing that males the world over do...:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts