Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,
I just got a 2005 V-star 1100. I got an amazing deal on it, and I liked the bike anyways, so I had no problems buying it. It came already with PCS Monster pipes and some sort of after market air intake cover to my understanding. I guess the boards aren't factory either, same for the seat. It's my daily commuter, and I will be doing some mods to it, but I'm aiming to keeping it LOW budget. Sorry for the crap Iphone photo, better ones with my DSLR will be taken later.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! Nice lookin' scooter, I take it you live in a warm climate.:p

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Welcome to the pinata pit!:)

And please don't tell us you can ride year 'round. After this winter it'll push some of us right over the edge:(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys....umm yea, the nice weather is one of the few perks of being in the Navy.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
thanks guys....umm yea, the nice weather is one of the few perks of being in the Navy.
:)
Oh I dunno...I spent 23 years with them...Maine to Keflavik to Adak...and a few warmer Asian spots...and weather wasn't what I'd call a "perq":D

Thanks for your service, swabbie...;)

USN aviation '62-'85
Retired Mustang

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)
Oh I dunno...I spent 23 years with them...Maine to Keflavik to Adak...and a few warmer Asian spots...and weather wasn't what I'd call a "perq":D

Thanks for your service, swabbie...;)

USN aviation '62-'85
Retired Mustang

Springer,
I grew up in Michigan and Illinois, this is my first winter with no snow..I'm loving it! I'm an Electronics Technician. That's pretty awesome you retired a Mustang! Hopefully I can make it that long to retire.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Springer,
I grew up in Michigan and Illinois, this is my first winter with no snow..I'm loving it! I'm an Electronics Technician. That's pretty awesome you retired a Mustang! Hopefully I can make it that long to retire.
So how's the ET business these days?

I was raised in N. Illinois (McHenry) joined the Navy in Waukegan as a Kiddie Cruiser and did aircrew/inflight tech avionics (AX- probably no such thing anymore) until 2nd class and was coerced into switching to AW.

Good luck with the career and keep your chin up.;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ET business is pretty good, well despite a bad advancement percentage. I was born in Lansing, Mi and then moved down to Normal IL when I was 9. I spent about a year up in Waukegan for A-school.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts