Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Here

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FalseMirage 
#1 ·
I created an account here because I have a problem with my Road Star but I am not allowed to create a thread in the Road Star forum. Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the brake light is on an 07 Road Star?

#2 ·
Bevo will be along in a minute to get your access squared away so that you can play in the Road Star threads.

So...you must be the real thing? :) I hope so; we hate falsies....:D

In the meantime, I hope those other mirages get their just deserts...desserts....:)

#5 · (Edited)
On the Stratoliner, the fuse block is under the operator seat.

I'm guessing the Road Star might be similar as the parents are the same, but I've never owned a Road Star and I try not to give misleading information if I don't have direct experience with the model.;)

However if you search through this link, I think you'll find the Road Star manuals and the information you need. Good luck.

http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/handbuch.htm

#6 ·
My bad, I didn't fully explain the problem. The fuse block on the Road Star is behind the left side cover, but there is no fuse there for the brake light. I imagine there is an inline fuse for it but I can't seem to be able to locate it, neither on my bike nor on the 'net.

#9 · (Edited)
Ok, I think I remember. The signal system fuse should be the one for the tail light. I think when I had passing lamps fail it shorted out that and not the one that was inline for the passing lights. Should be the fuse on the end one side or other behind that cover.
Doesn't hurt to check them all if I'm wrong. I think its fuse 1 and a 10 amp.
Welcome.
found book link
http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/owners_manual_1700.pdf
page 6-35, 81 on the pdf file pages.

#10 ·
I checked that fuse earlier but just checked it again, it's fine. I saw a thread on a Warrior forum that said there were two 7.5 amp fuses right next to the main fuse block that were for the stop light but they aren't there on the Silverado. If there is a fuse for the stop light on a Road Star it's very well hidden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.