Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, just picked up a 2000 vstar 650 couple of weeks ago. This is my first street bike, i have a few dirt bikes. I love the Vstar execpt it is a little iunder powered. Plannin on doin a few mods to it down the road (i.e., when my wife lets me) lol. I live in southern arizona, so i get to ride almost every single day of the year. Looks like a pretty good place for info, i do have a few questions, if i cant find anything by searchin ill ask.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice ride. You won't have any problems finding info around here. Lots of friendly folk with plenty of experience and knowledge. You'll have to post some pics during the winter so those of us that are about to put our bikes away for the year can live vicariously thru you. Lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. Will do. Thanks for the welcome. Let me see if i can post a pic off my phone real quick. Okay, maybe i cant. Have to figure it out later. Lol

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it until you trade up to an 1100 :eek:

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Lol. Will do. Thanks for the welcome. Let me see if i can post a pic off my phone real quick. Okay, maybe i cant. Have to figure it out later. Lol
Hello and welcome to the 4M.

It is a bit of a process to add pictures on this site. The picture needs to have an internet property link. I put pictures into my photobucket albums then use the link from there to post them here.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes. I imagine i will trade up for an 1100 in the next few months. I like the V stars so i will stay with em.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello Tice, I'll say welcome too even though it looks like we joined about the same time. Don't it get old being able to ride EVERY day? I mean, c'mon, you gotta have a little rain or some kind of nasty weather to deal with if you ride a bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah we do have monsoons to deal with, but the storms only last about 20 mins!!!! Lol. Winter time is cold in the mornings, but thats what long johns are for!!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I will be riding all year as well tice and looking forward to putting the miles on this winter.

Dont listen to SparkyD you need to trade all the way up to the 1600! LOL

·
Registered
545 Posts
Tice, I started on a 650 Custom last year. By June I had the 1100, and I really like it, but newbie is right (well......half right anyway), I'm already looking lustfully at other bikes.....specifically a Raider (1900).

Give your next move a lot of thought....unless you can afford a new bike every year! I know I can't....!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts