Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got sick of the road runner horn and replaced it with the Harbor Freight WOLO horn. My 2014 Strat had two car style horns which were louder than my SVTC road runner horn but I wanted to be heard so I changed them out to a Harbor Freight WOLO horn. I did replace the flimsy bracket with a 1/8” x 1” of stainless steel which I purchased from McMaster-Carr for around $7. And I use stainless steel bolt, washer and nut to mount to my strap. The only Improvise that I made that you see in the first picture is it a drilled through with the 1/8” drill and installed a stainless steel roll pin so that bolt won’t vibrate out of the slot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I finally got sick of the road runner horn and replaced it with the Harbor Freight WOLO horn. My 2014 Strat had two car style horns which were louder than my SVTC road runner horn but I wanted to be heard so I changed them out to a Harbor Freight WOLO horn. I did replace the flimsy bracket with a 1/8” x 1” of stainless steel which I purchased from McMaster-Carr for around $7. And I use stainless steel bolt, washer and nut to mount to my strap. The only Improvise that I made that you see in the first picture is it a drilled through with the 1/8” drill and installed a stainless steel roll pin so that bolt won’t vibrate out of the slot.
I did that to my SVTC a while back. Great horn and nice and LOUD!
I had to bend the bracket back towards the oil cooler a little bit. I found that the brake lines rubbed on it a bit in turns.
Have you checked that out for clearance in your brake lines?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did that to my SVTC a while back. Great horn and nice and LOUD!
I had to bend the bracket back towards the oil cooler a little bit. I found that the brake lines rubbed on it a bit in turns.
Have you checked that out for clearance in your brake lines?
Yes I have noticed that and I also bent my bracket and I’m triying to figure the best thing to do for that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I put one of those on a Suzuki that I owned....used it a couple of times...the one time I remember, I was next to a woman on her phone...I let it rip and startled her so much the phone when out the window....so sorry for your loss...........

Not really

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts