Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 06 midnight new over memorial day weekend, almost 2,000 miles on it now. Been commuting with it on nice days 120 miles each way up and down 295-95. My right saddle bag flew off doing 70mph coming home this afternoon. Other than a couple of scratches on it its fine, I was in the right lane and no one was around and it just skidded into the high grass. I did not realize that the only thing holding those bags on was hope and 3 pins stuck through cheap aluminum.

Other than that I love it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good to hear that you're alright and only superficial damage to your new bike. May I suggest that you throughly go through your bike and check every fastener? One often overlooked item believe it or not is the gasoline tank cap. If you take the cap off and look, you'll see two screws holding the internals (lock, etc.). These screws do come loose from time to time due road vibrations and worst case scenario is that the internals would drop into the gasoline tank. Definitely will ruin a ride if this happens. I'm a big fan of Red Loctite. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Enjoy your new ride. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Jason.It's always nice to here from another liner rider.You bought the leader in the starship. Wrong color though cause the gray ones are faster.Post some pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I found the bag fastener mod on the liner wiki so i am heading to the store to find the parts. I had bungee's in the bags - always carry some in any vehicle. Just so handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts