Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Welcome MS, nice intro and you included a pic! Love my 950 tourer, just waiting on spring. Have family in the Tampa area, great places to ride there. Ride safely and we're glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome from Canada. Sure looks like a nice ride and I'm sure you'll have it all straightened out in no time!

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello MotoSquirrel glad you have joined the forum! Nice looking ride and sure you will enjoy it especially in a warm state with all months to ride. We need some of that weather sent north so our Spring can spring!! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Previous own did some odd things huh? Dare I ask...?
Like putting chain-oil on the drive belt. . . which I am suspicious about whether they ever had it adjusted. . . it's all chewed up and tracking quite badly.

Plus the rear brake caliper isn't sitting properly around the rotor. . .

I will be putting plenty of work into the bike over the next month or so.

Anybody know of a stylish top-case that matches the 950?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yikes. Weird about the chain oil.

Top case like a trunk? Keith Post added one with back rest. I saw another member added a sport bike styled top case. I just use my soft Nelson Rigg tail bag on my passenger seat to keep documents and accessories. Will fit a bag of groceries etc. :)

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Like putting chain-oil on the drive belt. . . which I am suspicious about whether they ever had it adjusted. . . it's all chewed up and tracking quite badly.

Plus the rear brake caliper isn't sitting properly around the rotor. . .

I will be putting plenty of work into the bike over the next month or so.

Anybody know of a stylish top-case that matches the 950?

Kudos to anyone that does their own wrenching but ya gotta be smart enough to realize when you don't know what you are doing. Hope you don't find much else the PO "fixed"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts