Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first vstar, had an r6 before (and still might get another for doubles rides) but wanted to get in and introduce myself! I'll be posting g in the vstar forum as well, as I'm trying to determine what to do with the cover/tube over the driveshaft.

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Welcome to the forum 5.0kid. Any chance you're also a Mustang fan? Cause I am. Which Vstar did you recently get and you have any pics you'd like to share with us? We love pics here, and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum 5.0kid. I am a new member also, just from Texas. That little state down south. I agree with Keith, 5.0 implicates you as a possible Mustang 5.0 fan. I am a big Ford 7.3 and 6.0 fan. Welcome and happy trails.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
I didnt realize that Iowa was for sale!

I lived in Cedar Rapids for 4 years in the late 1980's.

Which bike did you get? I dont think any of the Vstars have a tube over the drive shaft, that chrome rod you are looking at is the drive shaft.

Edit: after googling this apparently some vstars do have a tube over the drive shaft? I guess yamaha had some extra tubes in the factory and could not think of a good use for them! :^O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts