Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sedici Alexi Mesh WP Jacket
A deluxe textile mesh jacket with features enabling full 3 season variation for performance riders.

Features:
Ultra Air-Flow outer material with Ultra-Brase1200 denier abrasion resistant panels
600 denier Ultra-Brase inset sections for improved movement and a light weight construction
3-way lining system:
Removable waterproof/breathable/windproof membrane liner
Integrated dual-layer waterproof storm flap
Quilted detachable satin liner
Air Control System - ventilation system throughout
Airflow inner lining to main body
Reflective details for increased visibility
Multi-point sleeve adjustment tabs for a variable arm fit
Shoulder stretch panels for added flexibility in the riding position
Velcro waist tabs for an adjustable fit
Cell phone pouch and additional pockets on inner lining
Short and all-around connection zippers
CE approved armor at shoulders and elbows
Memory foam comfort back panel

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Pat does this jacket run true to size? I have seen comments on other jackets that I am looking at that they run small or you need to get next size up...etc The waterproof feature is nice along with the zip outs so I may be interested in this since I ride 3 seasons. The forecast for us here in the Mid West is mid to upper 40's in the morning and 60's - 70's in the afternoon.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I got a textile jacket made by First Gear, from Motorcyclegear.com - $65 (old stock) in hi vis yellow.

I like it better than my tourmaster mesh jacket.

The mesh jacket is great when its hot out and i leave the inner liners out, the wind blows thru it like there is nothing there

but when Its cooler the textile jacket is less bulky, and it has better protection from road rash than mesh

I also have a few leather jackets I wear when Im just riding around town - not designed for MC crashes, but better than riding naked.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,713 Posts
YamahaPat, I have the Blitz brand mesh jacket that Cycle Gear sells. It's my go to jacket with removable liner, put in in on cool mornings and take it out on way home. It has held up really good. If memory is correct, this is sixth year I've used it. The only issue is notice this past year the black is starting to fade some from sun. The top of arms are now a dark gray while the under side of arms is still black. I hand wash it pretty often and hang dry. Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should get it Friday. I feel good with the reviews. When you buy a new jacket every 15 years or so you can't cheap out. Next winter gloves. I will post a review when I have a little data.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I should get it Friday. I feel good with the reviews. When you buy a new jacket every 15 years or so you can't cheap out. Next winter gloves. I will post a review when I have a little data.
I have a nice Tourmaster “all-season” jacket—think it’s a transition 4–which is about 3 yrs old. It’s awesome at 75 degrees or below. Above that, no way. It’s got vents galore, but in warm weather, doesn’t matter in my experience. Of course, I’d never wear a full leather jacket in warm/hot weather either.

Hope your new one works out!

BTW, I’ve got some Sedici gauntlets which are quite good. Good feeling for the brand, so far...

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
the thing that is weird with my First Gear textile jacket, if I open the vents and pull the zipper down a little, the jacket inflates like a balloon over 45mph

it looks like Im wearing a football uniform with shoulder pads - then when I stop it deflates.

I feel compromised if I have to unzip the jacket partway to get some air, because I know its designed to be fully zipped up for protection in a fall.

·
Super Moderator
3,252 Posts
I always wore leather too but I got tired of the heat so I got mesh jacket last summer. Like KCW said, the wind blows through it like nothing - it's like wearing a t-shirt. But I keep the liner in my saddlebag and if it gets chilly it makes it as warm as my leather jacket. Got one for my wife this year and she is very happy with hers too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
the thing that is weird with my First Gear textile jacket, if I open the vents and pull the zipper down a little, the jacket inflates like a balloon over 45mph

it looks like Im wearing a football uniform with shoulder pads - then when I stop it deflates.

Hey KCW that's OK
All the women will think your a big tough hunky Dude ............. that is until you stop.>:)

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I received it today it is a tad small I am going to exchange it for a 3X. Other than that it's exactly what I am looking for. When I pulled it out of the box it was heavier than I expected and I started looking at the seams and zippers. It is really well made. I was bummed when I put it on and zipped it up and it was a little tight. Damn belly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I received it today it is a tad small I am going to exchange it for a 3X. Other than that it's exactly what I am looking for. When I pulled it out of the box it was heavier than I expected and I started looking at the seams and zippers. It is really well made. I was bummed when I put it on and zipped it up and it was a little tight. Damn belly.
Damnit, YP, you’ve worked hard on that belly. You remember the weave/wobble video posted by Bucfan...that low-middle weight is DESIGNED to stabilize your bike. You have spent a lifetime optimizing your body for riding a cruiser. You are achieving your optimal state as a rider. Sedici will accommodate you. RIDE ON!!

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited by Moderator)
Damnit, YP, you’ve worked hard on that belly. You remember the weave/wobble video posted by Bucfan...that low-middle weight is DESIGNED to stabilize your bike. You have spent a lifetime optimizing your body for riding a cruiser. You are achieving your optimal state as a rider. Sedici will accommodate you. RIDE ON!!
MMMMM Chilidogs and Budweisers. Now a days more horizontal growth than vertical.

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I emailed customer service and this is the response.
Hi Pat,
Thank you for reaching out to us! The fastest way to do an exchange would be at one of our store locations such as the Cycle Gear in Sacramento. If they do not have the size you are looking for, one of our store associates can use the funds from your refund to place an online order for you.
We do not have a typical exchange policy here at the website but we can process a refund to your original form of payment. Then at your convenience, a new order can be placed for the additional size.
If you were interested in sending the jacket back to us by mail, I have set up a Return Authorization with a free UPS shipping label (normally we charge a flat rate of $7.99).
You will receive an email titled "Your order at CycleGear.com has been authorized for return." You will be able to print off a return authorization form and the pre-paid UPS return shipping label. Please place the return authorization form in the box with the jacket and use the UPS return shipping label on the outside of your shipping box. Be sure to include all tags and other packaging that came with the jacket.
Once we receive the returned item, we will inspect it and process a refund to your original form of payment. In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Have a nice weekend!
Best,
Matt

I now have the free shipping label and will send it back on Monday. They do not have my size at the local store. But waiving the shipping fee and getting back to me so quickly I am really happy with their customer service.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts