Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had LEDs installed on my Stratoliner. I wanted single color orange , I thought it would look like fire down across the chrome. It was harder then I thought to find orange LEDs, most that say they are orange are really Amber ( Yellow). I found the right guy , with a test strip on a battery so you can see if that is what you want. So he installed them and I love them.Now if I can figure how to upload the pictures I will show both sides without flash and one with a flash. I also had it installed so it is controlled by the aux light switch on the right hand grip, so is hooked into the light circuit .

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine has a built in Yamaha fuse on the Aux lighting circuit, then an inline fuse , then direct wire using cam locks to each light strip. Since it is a single color I don't need a controller.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I added mine under $25. @ 12v .2a 8 inch blue led strips. Waterproof and flexable with sticky backing. I mounted them under the tank with zip strips after putting in a toggle switch and a inline fuse from a new distribution block I made.
I can turn them off and on as long as the bike is running.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I put XK Glow Pro Series in mine. Dual zone and app controlled with 22 million color choices. Totally customizable patterns and dances to the music if you want.
Came with app controller, 12 led strips and 14 led pods. Unit also contains a GPS locator making it super easy to find you bike at HUGE events like Rolling Thunder. I installed it but the set runs $300.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Looking good there Hyde_me! I’ve seen ChiefGunners up close, kind of like being in a disco, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, ya gotta admit that it’s not hard to see me at night.
Ya got me wondering though... where could I mount a mini disco ball??
🤣

·
Registered
611 Posts
I put XK Glow Pro Series in mine. Dual zone and app controlled with 22 million color choices. Totally customizable patterns and dances to the music if you want.
Came with app controller, 12 led strips and 14 led pods. Unit also contains a GPS locator making it super easy to find you bike at HUGE events like Rolling Thunder. I installed it but the set runs $300.
You are MORE visible in the dark than the day!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You are MORE visible in the dark than the day!
This is VERY true! Hence one of the reasons there are a number of items I’d like to have chromed on this bike. I know this “blacked out” look is popular but people have a hard enough time seeing motorcycles as it is. So you’re gonna take a drab green or gray bike and have everything on it flat blacked out.... combine that with evening or a fog and IMHO you’re just roadkill waiting to happen!
Give me some BLING. Maybe a flash of reflective light or a glitter of something to help catch their eye and draw their attention.
Or as I’ve done, a number of added lights. Anything to help me be seen!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Atleast get one you can take on and off for when you stop on bike night ........
the ones that are done in military black out with the olive green , put fighter jet style anti-collision light looking LEDs, in colors that give you port and starboard

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The XVS 650 is ,in my opinion, one of the best motorcycles ever built.The is just about as close to bullet proof as a machine can be. I still have one ( it is on loan to best friend) . Take it down to the area where the Harley dealer teaches their class and practice slow riding , turns , figure 8's and panic breaking. Remember most of your braking is on your front brake. This will help you get better with your 650 , it will show what that bike can do and it will get you more comfortable while improving your skills. I always say " anyone can ride fast, it takes real skill to ride slow"

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If anyone wants to contact BadAzz Lites that did my LEDs to see if they are coming to an area near you or if they have parts you are looking for to do your own, this is their email: [email protected]. mention you got the info from the Yamaha Stratoliner owner in Pensacola. They had fun working on my Yamaha, he said he gets burnt out to the same thing over and over on Harleys. they did a great job on the wiring.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts