Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a 2012 Nomad, and am looking at a 2009 Stratoliner S. I love my Nomad, but after riding a Stratoliner, I am ready to make the switch. I ride about 20 thousand miles a year, and have no problems with my Nomads {3}. I usually put about 40/50 thousand miles on them, then trade them in. Can I expect the same trouble free miles from Yamaha. I am 71 years old, and do all my own work, as I am retired. I hope to be a regular here. I have read many of the post here, and it seems like there is only a few problems, and most like the POWER !!.

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Hi Tynker, what few strat owners I do know say they love the performance and handling. Glad you're considering joining us, please keep us updated, and post some pics of your strat when you get it, along with some pics of your Nomads. Ride em' all safely.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey Tynker. Welcome from southwestern PA. AT the moment, I only know one Strat owner and he said he loves his but doesn't get enough time to ride cause of work. And yes please post some pics of all them machines of yours.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tynker, welcome to the forum, I'm a new member here and a new rider. So the idea of putting 20 thousand miles on a bike seems like an amazing number to me. I just turned 66 so I'm late to the party on MC riding but I love it so far. Lots of good people here that love to share their knowledge with us. Anyway welcome and oh, I'm also in Houston.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the welcomes. I have been riding for 58 years. My new 2010 Harley Heritage was 27 months old when I sold it. It had 49,714 miles on the clock. Most of it was solo. I bought it for my retirement present to myself. It was very unreliable. It had 4 charging systems, 4 inner primary bearings, and 3 battery's, in 27 months, all covered under warranty. Dealer said I was riding it too much. I told him, I have never seen a TV commercial for motorcycles, where the owner was sitting in their garage admiring their bike, they were riding it, like it was bought for. He just shook his head. He is a Harley/ Kawasaki dealer in Angleton, Texas. I have bought 9 bikes from him in the last 40 years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, what part of Houston are you located? I am just off 288, just south of HW 6. If you ever get out this way, maybe we can do a ride together. I try to ride every day/

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Tynker,

I'm in northwest Houston, 290 and hwy 6 area. Even though I got my vstar 1100 in July I haven't had it out for a real road ride yet. So having someone to go out with would be good. I just need to take some time and go explore up in the Waller/290 College Station area. I'm sure there's some nice roads out there that would be good to start on. I'm not retired yet so I envy you on that one.

·
Super Moderator
4,519 Posts
Tynker, welcome to the forum. I live in Katy and commute into Houston daily. I thought my 15k a year was a lot but your 20k beats that. Seems we have several riders in this general area. Pick a time and we could all go for a good cruise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts