Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xvs 650 with cobra drag pipes with baffles removed and a hypercharger. I took my airbox off to do a valve adjust and noticed two 30 degree elbows inside the airbox just before the carbs. Will cutting these off create better airflow or should these stay there they remind me of velocity stacks in import riceburner intakes.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Great looking bike you have. I didn't know that the 650 came in chartreuse and brown. I love the white walls, really sets off the metal flake in the paint :D. You should post a pic or two so that the others can see this rare machine ;). Tell us a bit about yourself, where you ride and your favorite spots, how long in the saddle, what gift you're sending Annie ; you know intro stuff. I would ask your question (s) in the vstar forum. You'll get more answers there for sure.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Great to have you join us. The n650 is a great bike and there are a multitude of aftermarket mods for them. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

I am from Florida, I own a 2002 Vstar 650, this is my second bike my first was a 85 virago 1000. I have only had my motorcycle license since January. I bought the bike to convert to a bobber, but the wife fell in love with riding so it is staying a classic so she can jump on the back. Current mods are, custom matte black paint with matte white accents, hypercharger intake, AIS delete with .45 apc shells, Cobra drag pipes with no baffles, and a Pacific Coast Star rejet kit with the 128 jets. Since I have put 5000 miles on her since march she is a blast to ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts