Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , My name is Anthony I am in N. FL and just bought my first bike. 2005 vstar 650 classic. I rode it damn near all day and went to a million shops looking for related stuff. I really like the bike and being the newbie I am hope to be a part of the group. learning as much as I can and conversating about my new found love. I will post some pics as soon as I learn how, I saw a thread somewhere..... also please forgive my lack of knowledge on my Bike, how to ride and Forums. all new to me today!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done and too early to vote for november... but i did post a pic of my humble but beautiful beginnings.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome and there is no shame in being new with little knowledge. We all started at the same place at some point. As long as we keep learning all is well!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome, from NW Washington!

I only joined a short time ago and you will find the people on this forum are amazing! So helpful and just excited to be on two wheels. Looking forward to your posts and congrats on your new bike!

I had my 2007 650 for 4 years and loved every minute of it. Welcome to the group! :)

Ashlie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you summer and linkster11!! I was being lighthearted about being new. No shame here. so happy and proud to be riding and an owner of a nice ride. I will be soaking in all that i can get, and will have questions as well. so glad to have found this site, what a wealth of knowledge all in one spot!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum. Im with summer and linkster11. Rode my 07' 650 classic for 3yrs and loved every moment on it. Love your enthusiasm! Ride safe and post often.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A little reading for those sleepless nights...http://www.650ccnd.com/ht.htm
I would recommend picking up a copy of a repair manual also. Invaluable if you plan to wrench on it yourself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome I will look at that tonight, and repair manual can be bought from a store? Or online maybe?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Well I can't say that I loved my 650 cause I went for the 1100 right off the bat. But, I do teach the basic motorcycle skills on the 650 and I really love the way it handles. Like the others have said, there's tons of great folks on here that are always willing to help out their fellow biker. Don't be shy to post often, ask lots of questions and share your bbq roadkill stew recipe.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts