Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

Just dropping in to say 'Hi'. I'm a newly minted driver (at 43) and just bought a new-to-me 2008 V-Star 650 Classic. I've been wanting to get my license for years... one of those back burner things. So for Christmas, my wife surprised me with a helmet and told me to get my license.

Bought the bike last week, and it's a bit of a change from the little 125s that they use for the safety course. Now I just need to get out and practice my new skills (if the weather ever cooperates)!

I don't suppose anyone knows where the model info is on the 650. I looked under the seat, but didn't find it there.

Thanks,
Goldmember

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Minime. Very nice intro and great pic. From the looks of your pic, you have a Classic model ;). Lots of good riding down your way and a great riding group also. If your interested there is Star touring and riding chapter in London. It's a great group to join with lots of fun activities. Don't be shy and post often, ask all the questions you have and

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum Minime. Very nice intro and great pic. From the looks of your pic, you have a Classic model ;). Lots of good riding down your way and a great riding group also. If your interested there is Star touring and riding chapter in London. It's a great group to join with lots of fun activities. Don't be shy and post often, ask all the questions you have and

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.
LOL! Not sure who Minime is, but thanks Corsair. And I'll definitely be looking for some folks to ride with!

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome Dr. Evil!

It's forum custom to mock new members by altering their names - I'm not sure how we manage to keep any new members with that behavior. I guess our wit and advice must be pretty good! :D

I think Corsair was also making a bit of a play on the fact that he has an 1100 Classic (like myself) and you have the slightly smaller but otherwise identical 650 Classic.

Anyway, Very nice Classic you have there!

It doesn't appear to be the Silverado, so not really any other model info, but the vin also gives away some details.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
782 Posts
welcome to the forum. Thats a great really nice looking ride. I hope you can find some people close by you can ride with.

Im very sorry for corsair as he is a cana... wait nevermind you are as well..

Please post all your questions. We might even give you the right answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts