Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've been reading this forum a fair amount and enjoying the posts and information. Lot's of good stuff, Thanks.

I had been without a bike for about 10 years after going down for the 2nd time commuting to work and the family pressure was strong to not replace. Well, I hit the 65 mark, retired and my wife brought up the idea of getting a bike! She probably won't ride with me but the decision was made before the sentence was completed. After the USAF, I worked most of my life in the medical imaging (x-ray etc.) side of the business repairing or managing teams. As a kid, I had a Yamaha 250, a 1971 Kawasaki 500 HD, then in the AF I went to a Honda 500-4 (in-line). Took a break for a bunch of years raising kids and then picked up a BMW LT. Used. I always buy used. There are terrific deals out there from a lot of people that think they want to ride, spend a lot of money on a new bike and then don't ride. After a few years, I went down on that bike and picked up a BMW K1200 GT. Wonderful machine. Got knocked off that bike on the freeway going home and that was it for a while. Now I bought a 2002 V-Star 1100 with less than 9,000 miles on it. Runs great. I want to do a few things to it still. The pipes are stock, I want to add heated grips (BMW spoiled me) and power for the phone which will be my GPS.

Pics of the new ride are here but they're not pretty outdoor pics since it's raining around here and I just brought it home a couple of days ago. Again, great forum, thanks for all the participation and I look forward to becoming part of it!

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your service. Good to hear you're back on a bike and good choice. Some people are just meant to ride, sounds like you're one of them

·
2,371 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Boots. Beautiful bike you found there. I have an 1100 as well and they're a great all around bike. Small enough for easy commuting and big enough for highway cruising. Love the color and she looks pristine.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,073 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good thread on USB, THANKS.

And thanks to all for the welcomes. Lots of warm fuzzies.

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Hi Boots!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Great looking bike and thank you for your service to our country. Looking forward to your participation in our forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts