Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to say hi. I've learned how to ride just a few months ago which means I have no idea how to ride. My first and only bike is 2006 Yamaha V star 1100 that due to my stupidity I'm having issues with. As soon as I get posting privileges I will make a thread and ask for help. Hell I am willing to pay for a good advice. That's all from me now, I'll keep an eye out on this thread in case someone really familiar with V star 1100 wants to chat and feels particularly in a good mood tonight:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi guys, just wanted to say hi. I've learned how to ride just a few months ago which means I have no idea how to ride. My first and only bike is 2006 Yamaha V star 1100 that due to my stupidity I'm having issues with. As soon as I get posting privileges I will make a thread and ask for help. Hell I am willing to pay for a good advice. That's all from me now, I'll keep an eye out on this thread in case someone really familiar with V star 1100 wants to chat and feels particularly in a good mood tonight:)
Welcome noob.... got a vstar 1100 myself... touched everything on it except the engine... saving that for next winter.... but there are a lot of good informative people on here... shoot some pics and shoot your issues and we'll try to help...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Welcome noobmodifier. Read your thread about the carb issues but I'm afraid I'm not qualified to offer any assistance. I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be able to give you some tips though.

I also picked up an 1100 as my first bike in many years and I absolutely love it. Already got 3000 miles on this season (which didn't start until May up here in the Great White North). You got yourself a great ride and once you get your carbs sorted out I know you're going to love it. Post up some pics when you can!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome noobmodifier. Read your thread about the carb issues but I'm afraid I'm not qualified to offer any assistance. I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be able to give you some tips though.

I also picked up an 1100 as my first bike in many years and I absolutely love it. Already got 3000 miles on this season (which didn't start until May up here in the Great White North). You got yourself a great ride and once you get your carbs sorted out I know you're going to love it. Post up some pics when you can!
Will do, thanks man. I am scared $hitle$$ at the moment
:confused:
Hopefully the knowledgeable gods will grace me with their presence

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'm sure it's just an adjustment or something simple. I've read that synching your carbs can solve a lot of issues too. If you Google that you'll find lots of info.

Someone posted this link so I saved it for when I have to dig into my carbs. Hope it can help.

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/tuning/carb-jetting

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Hi noob, welcome to the forum. Lots of 1100 owners here and I'm sure one of them will be able to help you. I ride the 950 and it's fuel injected so I wouldn't be much help. As others have said, please share some pics with us and let us know if you got your carb issues resolved. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi noob, welcome to the forum. Lots of 1100 owners here and I'm sure one of them will be able to help you. I ride the 950 and it's fuel injected so I wouldn't be much help. As others have said, please share some pics with us and let us know if you got your carb issues resolved. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That fuel injection is looking mighty attractive to me right now:wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once you get your carbs dialed in... youll be set

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I bought a carbtune pro so once I figure out why my bike is choking up and can't start as a result I will definitively dial it in. Also, I just made a thread in v star hopefully knowledgeable traffic lives there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts