Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member here (few weeks) from Arizona. I just picked up a 2014 V Star 950 and currently have her torn down for various upgrades. Look forward to networking with other Yami Owners.

Attachments

·
2,532 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Looks like you're really adding some personal touches to an already great ride. Be sure to take some pics when you get it finished.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, yeah I'm adding some touches to her. Waiting on mini apes, have a rush 2:2 that I will probably put on this weekend and ECM is on it's way back from Ivan's as we speak. Already put a new (to me) ultimate seat on her so she's almost ready to go. Getting a little chilly here though in Arizona, might have to put her up for the winter lol

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
34F here in upstate NY this morning. This is the first sunny day this fall that I did not ride my MC to work because of the temp.

The 20W40 oil in both my bikes is only rated down to 40F in the owner manuals. Its a good cut-off temp for riding.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,528 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee! I’m a 950 owner as well, sounds like some great upgrades. Can’t wait to see the pics of it when it’s completed. My sister lives in AZ so I understand about the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the greetings, appreciate it. Just got my mini apes in the mail today and was eager to start the internal wiring..... unfortunately that are a little (ok a lot) short. Called a shop to see if someone could solder the extensions and after a rough quote of 250 for labor (if i bring the parts in) I decided to do it myself. Got a headache trying to plan where to splice in extensions so they overlapped and had an idea. Went to ebay and ordered two used handlebar switches, had road rash but wiring intact. This way i can take the wires off the used switches to extend mine... one solder per line and pins already installed. Should be a lot easier than trying to insert pieces to get my extension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts