Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone... i recently bought a Vstar custom to convert into a bobber. great little bike. anyways... the site looks great and i've already learned some good info when researching my Vstar.

thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
figured i would get atleast one welcoming... is it b/c of the Harley? geez. i can always take it off the signature. lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome,

The 650 is a great bike. lots of info here, and some great people. I have seen some sweet bobbers made from the 650. I have been thinking about it myself, however I think I am going to wait until I have anothr bike in the garage. Ride safe, and I would't worry to much about the HD.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks fellas...

bevo, i voted for bike of the year... wasn't an easy choice, but i went with what i liked. :)

Miesha, i always like sharing...

this is my Road King Custom(pic was taken in previous owners garage):

and this is my vstar custom that i just picked up a couple of weeks ago(pic pulled from seller):

and here they are in my garage... first pic is of the vstar during the conversion... still needs bars, grips, paint on rear fender, etc. and i just learned that i need to replace the neutral switch o-ring b/c it is leaking(hence the piece of wood under it). Second pic is of both of them.

and if you guessed my favorite color is blue... you guessed correct. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well hello there and welcome. I assure you the guys were just out riding or wrenching or whatever. Lots of nice people on here! Good looking rides. Keep us up to date on your build please. We love to watch with pics!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that the oem headlight on the vstar?

yes, it's OEM... i think. not sure really.

Well hello there and welcome. I assure you the guys were just out riding or wrenching or whatever. Lots of nice people on here! Good looking rides. Keep us up to date on your build please. We love to watch with pics!!

thanks Steve... i'm a visual person, myself. :D

Welcome to the gang. You must have a thing about slow coloured bikes; every one knows that RED is the way to go :D :D :D. It's not to lat to get your bobber project on the right track ;).

Ride safe and keep them shiny side up.
thanks for the welcoming Corsair. :p lol yeah, maybe i should reconsider the color... i've heard Red is faster. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts