Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2,246 Posts
Welcome from Eastern Canada, karim. I made pretty much the same switch (86 FZ600 20 years ago) and I'm loving my 1100 too. They're great bikes and this is the best forum I've ever been a part of as far as friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. Oh, we're big on pics here so post 'em if ya got
em!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh nice, great riding area. I love going to marble falls just for the scenery. We took an off-road group up there when my ramcharger was running.

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi karim, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice looking 1100 you have there, glad you posted a pic of it.
We have great members here, YamaMassgirl is so cool, she rides a 950 three years from the future! That's how awesome our membership is. Glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi karim, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice looking 1100 you have there, glad you posted a pic of it.
We have great members here, YamaMassgirl is so cool, she rides a 950 three years from the future! That's how awesome our membership is. Glad you joined us and ride safely!

I try to always keep it safe brother, had way too many wrecks in my late teens (note: high sides are terrifying)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On a separate note: y'all are a very welcoming bunch. Always great to join a forum with a tightly knit community. FZ6R forum was similar, guess us Yami riders are friendly as a whole.

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
I'm right there with you! Had a few in my teens myself, you know back when we all thought we were indestructible, lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't mind the mess in the background, working on cleaning the garage ATM

Nice bike bro... love the **** out of my 1100...

08 vstar custom with
stealth faring
4x 5.25 pioneer 3 ways
2 x (6x9) 3 ways in the bags
pioneer headunit
daymaker led
gangster front fender
highway pegs
crash/engine bar
relocated turn signals
curbslammer rear fender
j and p cycles tail light assembly
roadking 5in streched hard bags
cobra longshots extended 13in
(one baffle removed)
custom pegs, mirrors,
shifter, brake pedals

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice bike bro... love the **** out of my 1100...

08 vstar custom with
stealth faring
4x 5.25 pioneer 3 ways
2 x (6x9) 3 ways in the bags
pioneer headunit
daymaker led
gangster front fender
highway pegs
crash/engine bar
relocated turn signals
curbslammer rear fender
j and p cycles tail light assembly
roadking 5in streched hard bags
cobra longshots extended 13in
(one baffle removed)
custom pegs, mirrors,
shifter, brake pedals
Daymaker LED, is that just a direct bulb replacement?

Also, your stereo setup sounds similar to what I have in mind (at least the 4 x 5.25's in a Batwing), I'm definitely going to be asking you for advice as I get closer to doing that mod :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Daymaker LED, is that just a direct bulb replacement?

Also, your stereo setup sounds similar to what I have in mind (at least the 4 x 5.25's in a Batwing), I'm definitely going to be asking you for advice as I get closer to doing that mod :)

LED daymaker... china clone light (dot approved 50 some odd dollars) custom fitted to the stock light housing... lights up street signs like a .25 mile away like neon signs... any time bro just ask, ill help as much as i can...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts