Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been waiting a long time to get my first motorcycle and I finally pulled the trigger at 52 years old. Two Saturdays ago I purchased a 2009 Yamaha VStar 650 Silverado in very good condition with only 1400 miles on it. Used a UHaul motorcycle trailer to bring it from Arlington back to my home in Houston, TX. I passed my MSF course last weekend and got my license this past Monday. I plan to go to a big parking lot this weekend to repeat all of the MSF course exercises with my bike and then ease into some sparse traffic driving.

Looking forward to reading the good forum posts and cruising Texas.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Now you have jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Fire up your ride often and stay safe. I am 68 and a bit and love riding almost as much as sex. Funny, but I get to ride more. Saw a post from a guy that is 71 and riding.+
Welcome to the best part of life.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the gang. As you can see some of our senior members ;) have been around the block once or twice. Luckily for us all they have tons of experience and aren't affraid to share it.

I think that it won't be long long before you get the displacement envy thing going :). Oh and by the way be carefull with your bike cause it has the fastest colour on it :D.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Glad to see you take the plunge, never to late to enjoy life:)

Ride safe
Ride ontop

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome fellow Houston Rider!
Did you see the space shuttle today! What an awesome sight riding on the 747. I was riding my bike to work this morning and watched cruise around Houston.
Ride safe!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all of the welcomes.

I use to fly small Cessna planes which was plenty fun but way too expensive. Riding my Yamaha is a pure blast to me and one of the primary things I look forward to all week (weekend rider right now).

I work onsite at Johnson Space Center and I did see the Space Shuttle on top the carrier make some great flybys this past Wed.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts