Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. I bought my 1997 Yamaha Royal Star last spring and put about 7500 miles on. (Cut way short by bad tires!!!) I am slowly doing maintenance over winter, like new tires front and rear new brakes front and rear, oil change, and filter recharge.

The mods to this Royal Star are: Bub 4 into 4 pipes, K&N filtercharger, Bigfoot mod, Jetted, Corbin Seat, Other small stuff

I love this bike, and being 6'5'' it fits me perfect.

Few pics:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. I have been thinking about buying a new Road Star, but the wife wants to buy a new house. I wonder who will win.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea thats why I loving living on the West Coast, I can ride all year round and no snow hardly ever and very little rain living in the Mojave desert.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the kind words and I will have a brat and some curds don't ya know!! And for whoever asked the Bigfoot mod is being a big redneck and cutting the entire bottom of your air box open to look like bigfoot's foot. I have a sweet story about that though,

Anybody else from Madison though????

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Spent 4 years in Madison while my wife dis her med school residency. Then paid for undergrad and grad school for my oldest daughter (and we still visit every year since we left).

Not sure that counts as "from Madison" but works for me.

I also like to wheel my Toyota FZJ80 but didn't get that until after Madison.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the 60 and 80 series Cruisers, I have yet to get one but have had plenty of trucks and 4runners (from 86 to 95 are my favorites)

I was hoping to get on a few long rides this summer, mainly to TN to see Deals gap. Anybody here ride that road?? Ive been looking at pictures for the last few years and really want to take the trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts