Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
New member here from Mid-Michigan.

Learned to ride at 18 on a 750 Kawasaki Vulcan, which I promptly sold for an 800 A MODEL. The one that looks much more soft-tail like. I taught my fiancee, turned wife how to ride that and then purchased a brand new 06 silverado. Still have both bikes, but haven't needed to join a forum for the kawasaki ( bought it with 15k and it now has 50k trouble free miles.

The v- star is another story. It now sits in my garage after numerous valve adjustments, a battery that only lasted a year, an lastly a new starter clutch...that was a fun job lol.

So here on my not so smart phone hoping to get some advice from some actually smart folks. I've read over 20 pages.of posts and so far looks like I've come to the right place for the help this bike seems to need!
Thanks in advance.
C

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lincoln. We do have quite a few folks who know these bikes inside and out. Kick back relax and enjoy the ride, keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome! What part of MI? I was born in East Lansing, and lived in Lansing for a while. All my family lives up in Detroit.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Welcome "below the bridge troll" :):)

Live in the U.P. near Porcupine Mtns for 5 years before the snowmobiles and ATV's drove me out:(

Loved Lake Superior; still miss it.:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chalms : midway btween flint and Port Huron.
Springer : I agree. One of the last trips my wife and I took was to Iron Mountain via Chicago and Green Bay. Spent two days in Copper Harbor and the Porcupine Mountains. Once a year, except the last two years because of my surgeries, we make a trip to the soo. I have missed the UP these last two years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts