Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been riding on the back the first half of my life. I've had my own since 2005. I ride a 2005 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado. Looking to start upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi crazy, welcome to the forum from north ms. Whereabouts in the show me state do you reside? Any pics you'd like to share? We're a very visual bunch here. Ride safely and enjoy the forum!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the St. Louis area (uggg, helmet state). First time in a helmet state and IT SUCKS!! It's ok though, cause you have to wear a helmet on the military base where I work. I finally (I think) got a picture loaded. I'm not much for pics of me.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
I understand, neither am I. I'm about 300miles south of you. I've always lived in a helmet state, so I don't know what it'd be like not to have to wear one, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, just to the west of you is Arkansas, which is great riding and no helmet, and west of that is Oklahoma, which the riding isn't as great the further west you go, but they also don't require helmets. Other's close for no helmets: Kansas and Texas. I live in Oklahoma before moving here. You are either in Tenn or Miss. I didn't know either of their helmet requirements.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Ms, (miss)and tn both require helmets. When I was growing up in rural socal as a kid, no helmets were required however my parents made my brother and I wear one if we wanted to ride at all. I know in Florida it's not required as we visit my wife's family near Tampa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts