Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Triangle area of North Carolina! First off, I will admit, the Yamaha is not mine. It's the wife's ride. I have a Suzuki Boulevard, but...I figured since I'm going to be the one doing all the upkeep and modifying of her bike I would join you fine folks as well. If you feel the need to flog me now, so be it. Just know I like most two wheelers. Except for those pesky gnat like scooters. lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome from your neck of the woods! (near Lake Wheeler). Wait, I meant welcome to your wife. ;-) We like pictures. Which bike does she have?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hello from the Triangle area of North Carolina! First off, I will admit, the Yamaha is not mine. It's the wife's ride. I have a Suzuki Boulevard, but...I figured since I'm going to be the one doing all the upkeep and modifying of her bike I would join you fine folks as well. If you feel the need to flog me now, so be it. Just know I like most two wheelers. Except for those pesky gnat like scooters. lol
Welcome from the “triangle” as well. Over here near Salisbury. Exit 68 off I85.

·
2,345 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. It doesn't matter what you ride here, just that you ride. You'll find lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here to answer any questions you may have.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome from Burlington, NC. You should attend our second forum meeting next year. We still working on the dates, but if you think you can be there - let me know and I will add you to the list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wife's bike is a 2006 Yamaha Roadliner (XV1900). She used to ride sport bikes and after taking a hiatus from riding for a while decided to try the cruisers. It's a nice bike with a Vance and Hines exhaust and useless aftermarket turn signals. lol I bought her a set of oem lights for the rear. Now I just need to find a pair for the front. I'll definitely check out the 2019 meet. I know the group on the Suzuki forum I'm on are planning one also. Depending on when they are, hell, we might do both. :)

Oh, my stepdaughter thinks it's cool both of us ride now so she wanted pictures. Hence the side by side picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome from Asheboro, NC. We have a few people here who ride together from the triad if you are ever interested. As Nurtaeff said, you should check out our forum meeting for this upcoming year. Last year we had our first one and it was a real success. We rode around Bryson City and Cherokee. Check out the thread that was posted above for information.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from your neck of the woods! (near Lake Wheeler). Wait, I meant welcome to your wife. ;-) We like pictures. Which bike does she have?
I travel past Lake Wheeler just about every day to and from work. When I take the bike I like going down Lake Wheeler Road. Less traffic and better scenery. I actually live in Holly Springs but work in Raleigh.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from Burlington, NC. You should attend our second forum meeting next year. We still working on the dates, but if you think you can be there - let me know and I will add you to the list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks guys. I checked the dates and yours is the week before another group ride out there. The folks on the Suzuki forum have a ride scheduled from 9/21-9/28 whereas yours is 9/15-9/19. Hmmm.....I do get 3 weeks of vacation... doubt the Mrs. would object to both. Wonder what we should do with the mutts during that time.... I will certainly talk this over and let you guys know.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome from Asheboro, NC. We have a few people here who ride together from the triad if you are ever interested. As Nurtaeff said, you should check out our forum meeting for this upcoming year. Last year we had our first one and it was a real success. We rode around Bryson City and Cherokee. Check out the thread that was posted above for information.
We should plan a group ride here when weather gets better. Let me know when you back in town.

Nutz4spd, let me know if you can come down to Burlington.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
We should plan a group ride here when weather gets better. Let me know when you back in town.

I’m in too Oscar, unless work gets in the way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That sounds good to me. Burlington is a little over an hour from home. I hope the weather does get better soon. Being a beginner rider it's rather disappointing to only be able to ride for a little while and then have to put my new toy up for the winter. Let me know when/what you come up with.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That sounds good to me. Burlington is a little over an hour from home. I hope the weather does get better soon. Being a beginner rider it's rather disappointing to only be able to ride for a little while and then have to put my new toy up for the winter. Let me know when/what you come up with.
Sure, I'll keep you posted. Hopefully we all get together and ride soon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You just need some heated clothing, stuff works wonders:cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee nutz!
As you can tell we have a great group of members here. Go ahead and have the misses introduce herself and make the membership a family affair.
We certainly hope you guys can make it to next years rally in Waynesville NC. We had a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts