Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first bike in 11 years. Nice and clean black 2007 V Star 1300. What a beautiful bike! Still waiting on my license so I can ride it...legally at least :) Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome - great bike!

If you've been out of the saddle a while, you might want to look into one of the MSF new. Rider courses. A lot of folks find them very rewarding, myself included.

And of course, no pics around here = no bike :). So post up those pics!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome - great bike!

If you've been out of the saddle a while, you might want to look into one of the MSF new. Rider courses. A lot of folks find them very rewarding, myself included.
pics!
I just completed my MSF course this last weekend. It was great. Actually learned more than I thought I would. I couldn't make the right hand u-turn inside the box without crossing the line, but my lefts are great! :)

I was really nervous to ride this thing since it's so big compared to my '77 Suzuki 750 I once owned. But after a few miles I loved it. So smooth.

I'll post bike pics tonight. It's dark when I get home and the garage fluorescent bulbs don't do it justice in pics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think having the throttle so close to you with your arm in an awkward position, it's difficult to maintain speed/control the throttle. That's what I noticed at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts