Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new member from PA. I just purchased a new-to-me 2003 V Star 1100 last week and am looking forward to putting a lot of miles on it for both pleasure and commuting to work. I also plan on doing some modifications to make it my own.

I am currently 47, married and have two kids so I am trying to be as responsible of a rider as I can these days. I rode sport bikes about 15 years ago and have not been on a bike in those 15 years so I am taking it slow right now and am getting used to the cruiser world.

I know I will ask a lot of questions at first until I become familiar with the V Star but will then hopefully share my gained knowledge with others.

These forums already look to be filled with great members that go above and beyond so I am pretty stoked to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,145 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,399 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. There are many here that took some time off from riding and started again. Take your time getting your skills back. Have you thought about a motorcycle safety riding course? It's great was to refresh skills. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt

Ride safe and often.

Reactions: robertrio

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Welcome to Gnomeland from Montpelier, Vermont! I also took a hiatus from bikes though mine was about 30 years. Bought my 2002 V Star 1100 last summer. Found the forums and love the comradery.

·
Super Moderator
3,752 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento, Ca. We would love to see some pics of your bike.

Reactions: robertrio

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Rochester NY. You've found a great site to share and learn so visit often. Happy trails.

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee! Ditto on the pics when it’s dry enough.
You’re right about the forum, great members with a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome from Cumberland Maryland! Ride safe, think safer!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Be careful not to use the throttle when starting the bike. I am sure others will weigh in on the technical 's of it but it can cause some big $$ damage if not started correctly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts