Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually joined sometime in May 2021, but this is 1st time actually browsing the site.
Located in ERIE, Pennsylvania.
Due to a severe auto accident had to stop riding for over a dozen years, and restarting riding decided to start again with a relaxed, easy going, anti-sportbikes ride, so acquired a 650 Custom the end of March, 21.
Started riding at the tender age of 7, and rode until the age of 50 until I died in a T-bone auto-accident, was revived after 2-1/2 minutes, and have been working my way to riding bikes again ever since. For now I have been doing all the standard maintenance on a 09 V-Star 650 Custom with 6000 miles on the clock, 3rd owner, extremely clean bike, blue with blue flames.
Always been a Yammie guy, so this mild 650 was my best choice. Passed up a beautiful Star 1100 due to restarting, and might go there next year 馃槑

Registered
Hello and welcome to the forum from Rochester NY and another 650 owner. Wish you the best as you climb back in the saddle. Happy trails.

Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Hello @Comstar and welcome back to the world from Virginia.

Super Moderator
Welcome from Sacramento, Ca. From another 650 owner.

Registered
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Interesting story about your life travels. Curious if your experience led to any revelations regarding your life up to that point and any changes to how you view or live your life after the fact. I know it is a deep thought moment and I apologize if I stirred any bad memories! Any how you have a very popular bike on this forum and there is no shortage of willing helpful people should you get stuck on anything!

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin. There are a bunch of really nice people that care. Glad to help you out when needed. Glad you are back. Safety is #1.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you are getting back on two wheels. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt.

Ride often and safe.

Registered
Welcome back from Pensacola FL.
I too had to go back to a lighter bike for a while. I spent 5 months in a wheelchair. Did like you went with the 650 , I am slow to change we put 100k on the bike, then got a Stratoliner, now it is having engine problems, so we got a Roadstar to hold us over. Yamaha is the way to recover, enjoy the ride.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee! I also expired twice from a car wreck at 16 and was revived so I鈥檓 right there with you and we鈥檙e glad to have you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Greetings from Western Maryland! Ride safe, think safer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts