Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I found this form. This is my first bike. I am 45 years old and regret not making this purchase 20 years ago! Purchased it in May 2012. I went with a 2011 VStar 650 Custom. Couldn't beat the price for the bike. I immediately started accessorizing....LOL. I started with a Memphis Shades Slim windshield after the first couple of weeks. I then got a set of saddle bags. The first picture shows my bike with the slim windshield and saddlebag supports, saddle bags hadn't been delivered yet.

The other photos I just took tonight. Sorry about the poor pics. It was getting dark and I wanted to make this post tonight. I will post better pictures later. I just installed a batwing a couple days ago. I went with a 6.5" spoiler windshield. It looks GREAT! After my 38 mile (one way) commute today with it, I wish I had gotten the 9". The wind was hitting me right in the forehead. If I tucked, which wasn't at all comfortable, I was fine. I am stuck with it for now, unless I can sell it or trade someone. Can't justify getting the 9" and having the 6.5" just sitting in the shed collecting dust.

Love the bike and I ride every chance I get. I have put 9500 miles on it in less than a year. Look forward to searching the forums and getting ideas and help for any issues I may have. I doubt with my very limited knowledge I could be of help to anyone.... maybe in a couple of years after dealing with my own issues... ha.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!! I am in the Lehigh Valley area of Pa, what part of PA you in? Chrome and Bling ride today out of the Schnecksville area. There is a battle of the bands after and food. Of course the Bling part is jewerly for the ladies. :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad your enjoying riding this much. I really like the look of the fairing on all bikes. You have some nice riding in PA. I love to kayak the ohiopyle falls..

Feel free to ask question. You may even put your 6.5 up for sale in the classified section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tigzreyez. Thanks for the reply. I am in South Central Pa, Franklin County. Haven't done any event rides yet. Wife got a Vstar 250 a couple months after i got mine. Can't get her out on the interstates with that. Our longest ride together was out to the 9/11 crash site memorial in Schenksville last September.!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome krazykayak. I was able to ride to work at least one I day every month since i got my bike. Rides through the State Forrests are nice and relaxing too. I went down the ohiopyle on a raft trip back when i was in high school. It was nice as i recall. Enjoy PA it is a great place to live or play. Didn't think about the classifieds. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts