Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say Yo from Philly. Just got a 2003 V Star classic from my brother in law. He has a bike shop and the neighbor from across the the street wanted to sell his bike which has been ridden more than 500 miles since he owned it. The PO had a few problems with it then seem to lost intrest in riding. Sat under a cover in front of his house for almost 2 years. When he gave it to my brother in law he washed it down a little and threw some "chemicals " in the gas(supposively injector cleaner). Said to take it for the weekend and see what I thought. Try and run that gas through. so between me and my wife ridding it we got through most of that gas and put some fresh gas in it. After we had it for the weekend and when the bike got warmed up it ran preety good. Loved the ride of a bigger bike. My old bike was a 750 vulcan. It was nice after I got it to where I liked it with some modifications.
Anyway sold that bike the same day I finally bought the V Star. Still needs some work . And that what brings me here. The Knowlege Base is a wealth of info and will be very helpful in the future. Dont have to much to spend this year but there is plenty of time for that next year and hopeful many years to come. Its rather a stock base model now but that will change with time. First mod has to be a windsheild.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome Mr. Balzout1100. Hope you enjoy the forum :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wecome bud! You've come to the right place. I think you'll like it here. Oh and about ur pic in the profile being enough?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts