Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am working on a fella's 1997 Royal Star Tour (1300) and had a couple of questions regarding the syncing of the carbs. All of the information I've found on other forums kinda go through it, but the actual adjusters are not the same as the bike I am working on. Before I touch anything, I want to make sure I know which adjuster screw does what.

Left bank carb balance is pretty obvious, but the right bank balance and left/right bank sync screws are what I'm not sure of.

I've put a picture of these two screws up at:

http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Warren-97-Royal-Star/i-VKTDk9q/0/X2/Warren carbs 038-X2.jpg

Which does what?? :confused:

TIA

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hello to all from Northern Illinois. Thought December 2 was my last ride for the winter but they are saying 50's tomorrow. Maybe one more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello to all from Northern Illinois. Thought December 2 was my last ride for the winter but they are saying 50's tomorrow. Maybe one more.
Many thanks for the “hello.”

We usually luck out here, just getting snow occasionally. I belong to the Concours Owners Group (COG) and the local contingent usually manages to keep rides going all year long. Throw on the heated gear and keep going. If we do get snow, I grab my KLR that I have a set of studded tires for. My “big” bike is a '95 Kawasaki Concours that just turned 186K.

Stay warm up there, and ride safe.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M! Wish I had your weather here today in Great Northwest!! I'd be on the bike too!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts