Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm about to take the plunge into a 2006 Road-Star. Decision has been made and I'm awaiting the paperwork. By this time next week, I'll be riding.

I joined this forum because I am active in a few others for SCCA Solo II racing. I hope to be able to assist others and find information here about my new ride and will read a lot more than I post.

Thanks for the site and keep up the good work!

BTW>>>> I want to change my user name... How do I do that, I have a oops in it. :mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to the group (jeez people, 5 views and no posts???wth is the matter with y'all)
I'm in North Beach...gimme a holler when yer ready to ride!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
howdy. you can PM the admin, but i'm pretty sure you will end up just having to create a new account if you want a new screenname
I figured so much.... I was able to change my user name on another site but don't remember how the heck I did it. I guess that comes with age. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome Angry Mexican Food!

Nice ride for sure. What color and options did you choose?

What is your riding background, and what prompted this purchase (other than the beautiful smell of spring in the air - which is reason enough for me :D)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks.. It is red with maroon pin-stripes. Not sure what all it has yet... the ad stated ... :D 1700 cc , windshield, backrest, luggage rack, floorboards, heel toe shifter, engine guard, highway bars, new battery, voltage regulator and stater last year, clear title, guardian cover, cobra pipes, saddlebags, after market air filter :D

I know it is a Baron "Big Air" filter and not much more. Feels very spry.

As for my riding experience, I will call myself an experienced beginner. I owned several bikes during the first 25 years of my life, rode a few during the next 30 but nothing serious. So I am going to take the classes and try to stay away from other vehicles. Plans are to cruise with my sweety as often as I can. ;)

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1489&pictureid=4609

·
Administrator
13,286 Posts
I figured so much.... I was able to change my user name on another site but don't remember how the heck I did it. I guess that comes with age. Thanks for info.
different sites have different code and rules. sometimes an administrator can just quickly make a change, but i don't think this site will allow it even if you request it

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Last time I had Taco Bell it was more like mad tummy #2
I'm glad your getting a real nice ride. That red is a great color. Blood red is way better than smurf blue. Please feel free to ignore most everything I type. But lease do post often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it!

Went to Baltimore to get it today, it was a long ride back to SOMD, and I loved it. It needs a couple small repairs....headlight bulb and fuel sensor ... Other than that it needs to be ridden.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts