Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

Good to be a new member here! I am an avid rider and can't wait for the new season to start. I just started riding regularly a few years back, and only recently got a Vstar! Great bike, and a major upgrade from my 1980s first bike.

pyrobooster

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey again,

Forgot to mention I am also an avid modder of all things and this vstar has been a great subject for modification.

Pyro

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Tell us a bit about yourself - what you do for a living, where in Illinois you're located, how long you've been out of the institution, other bikes you've owned, etc .... What Stratowart calls "the basics".

Oh, and do post some pics - I don't have a window in my cell so I really enjoy pics with lots of sky and scenery.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intro

Hello all,

Well I work at a book publisher. I live in Chicago at the moment but hopefully not for too long. Still own and trying to sell my dad's 1980 xs650, that's what I learned on.

I love tinkering and modding and I'm in the process adding an old school 70s fairing, dual 35w xenon headlights, and some ammo can saddle bags.

Welcome to the group!

Tell us a bit about yourself - what you do for a living, where in Illinois you're located, how long you've been out of the institution, other bikes you've owned, etc .... What Stratowart calls "the basics".

Oh, and do post some pics - I don't have a window in my cell so I really enjoy pics with lots of sky and scenery.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Well, the easiest method for me is using the mobile app and an iPhone.

From the web site, you can either insert a pic from your computer (and we will all give you some grief b/c it will be a tiny pic), or you can first upload the pic to a photo hosting site like picasa flicker or whatever and then click the little mountain peak looking button and paste the http location info into the box (and then we all get to see full size pics and there is joy in the streets)

:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome

Hey boys, thanks for the warm welcome. Very cool, its one of my favorite things about the biking community.

@Corsair
I work for a educational book publisher called Liberty Press, we publish mostly school materials. When does the riding season start up there in Canada? I've been complaining since the last time I rode in early Dec that I hate the weather here. I have hope for March though!

@Miescha
I got it to work, just can't get a profile pic posted yet . . . thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Pyro, the riding season starts as soon as the snow is mostly gone and the roadsare somewhat clear of sand and salt. In my provonce we have a winter tire law that goes from Dec 15 to Apr 01. The law states vehicles and not car. I just thought that your monicer was a bit Orwellian if you get my jist ;)

Ride safe my friend

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tire Law

I hear you, its the same here, March we usualy get one or two bad snows, then the rain starts, and after that first rain to wash the salt away the season begins!

Ps: I never thought of my pseudonym as a monicer hahaha but if it was I agree, very orwellian indeed!!

Pyro, the riding season starts as soon as the snow is mostly gone and the roadsare somewhat clear of sand and salt. In my provonce we have a winter tire law that goes from Dec 15 to Apr 01. The law states vehicles and not car. I just thought that your monicer was a bit Orwellian if you get my jist ;)

Ride safe my friend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts