Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

New to the forum and new to Yamaha and am glad to join up. I'm sure I'll be on here trying to learn as much as I can! I have a 2007 V-Star 1100 Custom that I got too good of a deal on to pass up, super low miles, garage kept and practically new. First thing is to start looking at changing that exhaust! See you all out there!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hang on & hold tight :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum. By EOD do you mean Explosive Ordonance Disposal?

Ride safe and get a good set of V+H slip ons; sound real nice.
Yes, Explosive Ordnance Disposal. Are you a tech? I was thinking of either gutting my stock pipes or considering (the much more spendy) slip-on option. What do you think?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone! Looks like a great group on here and I'm happy to be part of it now! I'll be sure to post any changes I make and check out what others have to say before I make any horrible mistakes. Riding experiences for sure as well. Weather is holding nice in Arkansas right now so some trips to the mountains are going to happen over the next few weekends. I'm loving the bike so far, it's very smooth, easy to handle by cruiser standards especially and most of all has turned out to be a totally non-regrettable buy. See you all on the forum!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Yes I'm a tech, ex-air force (29 years) now an AME working for a vintage aircraft organization.

I went the slip on way and don't regret it at all. they are quiet enough to not wake the neibourghs but crank that throttle just a bit more and BARK you get. This way if there's a noise law in your neck of the woods and you get pulled over; you can always revert to the stock pipes for the inspection and then slip those baby's back on :).

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, great people here you'll enjoy it.. Lots of family is Ark -- 20+ Ret Navy, son is Air Force Montana.
Ride safe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great to see all the vets on here. Lots of info, too. I'll go to my first bike event in a while on the 19th here in Ark, so that should be cool.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I'll be sure to get on there and post some good before and after pictures once I decide on what I want to do on a few things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts